Handcrafting Every Inch

… with care

Jacob’s Coat

One of the things I’m working on currently is the re-lining of Jacob’s coat. This is a before picture, of the INCREDIBLE purple wool coat.

The lining had a tear, the back needed a bit more ease because of Jacob’s LONG legs and…

…the pockets need a bit of work too…

We were thinking a nice red lining, with matching pockets. Reminiscent of the Joker’s coat….
Time to start ripping seams!!

First I took out the purple satin, carefully…

and I took out the fuzzy pockets, leaving them intact for a different project that I’ll show you another time.

When I took apart the lining I made mental notes about dart details, how specific places were attached…I’ve found that it’s helpful to have a notebook nearby sometimes. Or an internet blog…but I’m usually so excited about starting a project that I just go for it and make notes on the pattern, if need be.

I saved the pieces in order to draft a pattern for the new lining.

And I discovered a monster lurking in the shadows and sunbeams…heh heh…cute.

I did a few more things…cut my pattern pieces, ironed, etc. And now I need a break from sewing. Hopefully by the next time I post I’ll have sewn pieces together and gotten much closer to completion.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


This entry was posted on June 29, 2009 by in coat, Jacob, joker, re-lining.
%d bloggers like this: